That’s where I am. It’s not that I haven’t tried. In fact, I have a half dozen or so starts – partly written blog posts that haven’t been completed. Every morning, I awake to some new jaw-dropping news about the GOP candidate that sends me into a fit of disgust or flurry of fear or simple emotional exhaustion. He dominates every media outlet. I cannot get away from him. I open Twitter and there he is. My notifications are dominated by news of his latest rampage. He’s like The American Stalker, looming over us, insulting our sanity, sending our moral compasses haywire.
I may never finished those drafts; they so quickly become stale in this universe of nanosecond digital news.
More to the point, these writings are for myself and a small circle of people who enjoy reading. There’s a sense of futility involved in writing about this election. I know the fans of the GOP candidate have no inclination to read. They are walled off in irredeemable ignorance, buttressed by a vacant awareness of decency, civility and the understanding of governance. They will not be swayed by an Aha! moment. So I’m singing to the chorus – and this makes for laryngitis after a while.
Rather than cast these seeds to the dust bin, I’m doing the next best thing: reminding myself of their existence.
So here is my unfinished business – a quick look at interrupted thoughts, starting with the earliest and ending with my most recent attempt.
|Quickly posting before it joins that group of incompletes.|
- TWITTER – A HAVEN FOR HATE (Started July 28, 2016)
- DONALD J. TRUMP AND THE NOISE FACTORY (Started August 29, 2016)
- EVERYTHING I AM MAKES ME A TARGET OF TRUMP (Started September 5, 2016)
- TRUMP’S FRIGHTENING OBSESSION WITH NUCLEAR WAR (Started September 17, 2016)
- HILLARY’S VAST RIGHT-WING ELECTORATE (Started October 3, 2016)
- FAULTLINES – DONALD J. TRUMP & THE FRACTURING OF AMERICA (Started October 3, 2016)
- BILL O’REILLY – THE TRUMP MASTER (Started October 12, 2016)
Crossing my fingers and hoping I can reverse momentum.